Spring is such a fun time of the year, with all kinds of new life emerging and warm temperatures along with it! At Chiques Creek, we also had something new emerge this Spring, our four, all-new, organic and reformulated Hemp Teas available in: The Original Recipe, Passionfruit + Mint, Peach + Lemon + Dandelion and our newest addition Apricot + Orange Blossom. With the warm weather right around the corner, we thought we’d give you some ideas on how you can beat the heat and chill out with four hemp tea cocktails.
The Gin Goblin
Starting off with The Original Recipe, this delicious cocktail combines cucumber and gin with our hemp tea for a tasty and refreshing kick reminiscent of the cool afternoon breezes of spring. Plus, the vibrant green color is almost Instagram-worthy, making this great for parties or get togethers with some friends! The key to this drink is making sure that you blend everything together into a smooth, even consistency before assembling your cocktails.
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 5 cups Chiques Creek Hemp Tea: The Original Recipe
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cups mint
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup gin
- 2 kiwi
- Add Hemp Tea, lemon juice and honey to a serving pitcher and stir to combine.
- In a blender, combine sliced cucumbers, mint and kiwi until chunky.
- Pour half of the Hemp Tea mixture from the pitcher into the blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Stir the puree back into the Hemp Tea pitcher and mix thoroughly.
- You can cover and refrigerate this mixture until you’re ready to serve.
- To serve, stir in gin and garnish with mint and cucumbers if desired.
Using our Passionfruit + Mint hemp tea this passionfruit-take on a peach classic is very quick and easy to whip up and is packed with tropical flavour! Replace your traditional mimosas with this version for more flavour, and a beautiful deep orange color.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 bottle Chiques Creek Hemp Tea: Passionfruit + Mint
- 1 passionfruit
- chilled sparkling rosé
- Start by halving your passionfruit and scooping out the seeds and flesh into a sieve or small strainer. Using the back of a spoon, press the flesh through the sieve to extract the juice.
- To assemble, pour 1 part rosé and one part hemp tea into your glass. Add 1 tbsp Cointreau and 1 tsp of the passionfruit juice and enjoy. Garnish with extra passionfruit seeds if desired.
Orange Gin Sour
Our next cocktail features our newest hemp tea flavour: Apricot + Orange Blossom. Replacing the lemon in a traditional sour for orange gives this drink a smooth and sweet finish but still offers that citrusy note of the namesake. With just 3 simple ingredients, this drink is simple but delicious!
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 bottle Chiques Creek Hemp Tea: Apricot + Orange Blossom
- 1 orange
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker, add 1 part gin, 2 parts hemp tea and the juice from half an orange. Shake vigorously for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Strain into your glasses and serve with orange peel, if desired.
Grilled Peach Prosecco
The grilled peaches in this drink really enhance the peach notes in our Peach + Lemon + Dendelion hemp tea. Don’t have a grill? No problem, you can also roast these in an oven or sear them in a skillet for the same effect. Plus, the rosemary simple syrup adds a unique twist and would taste great in other concoctions as well!
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 bottle Chiques Creek Hemp Tea: Peach + Lemon + Dandelion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 peaches
- To make your simple syrup, heat sugar, water and rosemary in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and the desired rosemary flavours are achieved. (the longer you cook, the stronger the flavours will become)
- Halve your peaches, brush with a little oil and grill on a medium temperature for a few minutes until just charred. Flip your peaches over, turn off the grill, close the lid and let sit for 5 minutes to allow the peaches to soften.
- Puree your cooked peaches in a blender until smooth, reserving some slices for garnish, if desired. Stain your peach nectar through a small sieve or strainer and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, add 2-3 oz. of the rosemary simple syrup to the puree and mix.
- To serve your cocktails, add a few tablespoons of your rosemary peach puree to a glass and add 1 part hemp tea and one part prosecco. Garnish with rosemary and peach slices if desired.
Looking for our teas? They are available at these retailers and more!